Doctor Of Ministry Program (Download PDF)
Languages offered: English
Union University of California has designed a unique online Doctor of Ministry program that is open to ministerial leaders anywhere in the world who meet the qualifications for admission, have access to the Internet, and are proficient in online work.
Each applicant to the program will submit a brief essay outlining the focus he or she would like to pursue in the doctoral program. On the basis of this essay and full qualification for the program, the accepted applicant will be matched with an academic advisor.
The purpose of the UUC’s DMin Program is to improve the leaders’ ability and skills in their ministries. The program is constructed to help graduates develop their professional competencies, including critical reflection on ministry, interpersonal skills, the capacity for theological interpretation, and special skills for service in particular contexts. More specifically, the learning outcomes of the DMin program aim at developing leaders who can:
- Demonstrate a fluency in critical thinking, as observed by independent thinking and the ability to be flexible with diverse populations.
- Apply the biblical guiding principles that form the values and outcomes of any ministry.
- Diagnose the needs of a community o and implement a biblically based response to meet those needs.
- Analyze current intellectual missiological trends and develop a strategy for how to address them in teaching, preaching and useful service.
- Identify and research social issues, the mission opportunities it opens, and empower believersto meet that need.
Integrate research, verbal and written communication, and leadership skills to provide a solution to a pressing missional opportunity.